Fluoride Information

Fluoride is a poison. Fluoride was poison yesterday. Fluoride is poison today. Fluoride will be poison tomorrow. When in doubt, get it out.


An American Affidavit

Saturday, August 24, 2019

Dr. Eowyn, Piers Morgan: The Media has turned Left and the Left has become unbearable

Dr. Eowyn, Piers Morgan: The Media has turned Left and the Left has become unbearable

Dr. Eowyn 

Piers Morgan, 54, is an English journalist, broadcaster and TV personality.
I was no fan of Morgan. He was especially loathsome when he hosted Piers Morgan Live on CNN from 2011 to 2014, after which he returned to the UK.

On the Ben Shapiro Show last Sunday, August 18, 2019, Morgan launched into a stinging critique of the contemporary Left which had gone viral on Twitter, which just goes to show even a self-identified, pro-gun control liberal like Piers Morgan has had enough with so-called “liberals”.
Morgan said (beginning at the 8:26 mark):
“I think a lot of people who should be impartial journalists and masquerade as impartial journalists are now drifting toward being celebrities. And right now in America, in Trump’s America, the only way to be a celebrated journalist is predominantly to be a liberal, Trump-hating journalist, and that’s where it gets dangerous.
When I look at CNN for example, when I was there, the standards and practices around impartiality were extremely, extremely rigorously enforced. You could not remotely be seen to…partial politically. Now I look at CNN, I just see open sneering at Trump 24/7…. Things have changed: when I was there, you couldn’t do that, and I think that’s problematic. America needs CNN to be impartial. You know you have MSNBC on the left, you have Fox on the right, people have always understood that. If CNN itself becomes partial and partisan, I find that a big problem.
I find it a problem some of their reporters want to be big stars. You know anchors, they’re gonna be stars because they’re anchoring. When you’re a White House reporter or correspondent, you really should be doing the late-night chat shows? I don’t think so. So I think that there’s a line there which is getting crossed more and more, which I think is a problem for American people and their ability to cut through all this and get to the truth….
I have never known it like it is now, and I think it’s being massively exacerbated by social media…. It feels like we’ve gone back 2,000 years and we’re back into tribes. You have it with Trump here in America where it’s just blind. You have to be in one tribe or the other. You’re not allowed actually to say well, on the one hand he’s done good things here, here, here, on the other hand I don’t like what he’s doing here. It’s everything about this man, everything he does and says, every time he breaks wind, it offends me. Or I love him and everything he does is fantastic even when Trump does something ridiculous….
The most important thing is to maintain the ability to have a democratic debate with people, and to sit with people that you fundamentally don’t agree with, and to listen to things you find fundamentally offensive, but you actually respect someone’s right to think differently to you….
It’s the inability to have a debate without wanting to cancel people, to wrech their lives, to make them lose their jobs…. [Referring to universities in the UK and Berkeley, CA de-platforming speakers, i.e., not allowing invited speakers to speak] What is the point of being at university if you’re not going there to be challenged and to have your own views challenged….
(41:40) The self-righteousness of people that lose elections or referendums [referring to the Brexit referendum] … they say ‘No, you’re too stupid, no. Actually we have to do this all over again, we should ignore the result of this election because I know more than you, I’m more intelligent than you, you’re stupid people. That’s where we’ve got to, and if that is accepted, where every result is simply declared null and void and Liberals, let’s be honest, get what they want, democracy dies….”
Shapiro then asks Morgan if Brexit and President Trump are part of generalized phenomenon of populism in other countries in Europe as well, e.g., Italy, of a resistance to a “generalized elite” — “sneering…people who want to control your life from top down”. Morgan said [42:31 mark]:
Populism is rising because Liberals have become unbearable, and I speak as a Liberal, okay. In my core, I’m probably more liberal than not although fundamentally I see myself as a journalist and I’d like to see both sides of all this and I can argue both. But Liberals have become utterly, pathetically illiberal, and it’s a massive problem. What’s the point in calling yourself a Liberal if you don’t allow anyone else to have a different view? You know this snowflake culture that we operate in, the victimhood culture, the ‘everybody has to think a certain way, behave a certain way, everyone has to have a bleeding heart and tell you 20 things that are wrong with them’. I just think it’s all completely skewed to an environment where everyone’s offended by everything, and no one’s allowed to say a joke….
So … suddenly where are we? The Liberals get what they want, which is a humorless void where nothing happens, where no one dare do anything or laugh about anything or behave in any way that doesn’t suit their rigid way of leading a life. No, thanks.
So what’s happening around the worldPopulism is rising because people are fed up with the PC culture, they’re fed up with snowflake [inaudible], they’re fed up with everyone being offended by everything, and they’re gravitating to forceful personalities…. I don’t agree with all of it, but I understand why the Liberals, my side if you like, are getting it so horribly wrong. They just want to tell people not just how to lead their lives, but if you don’t lead it the way I tell you to. It’s a kind of version of fascism: You don’t live the life the way I’m telling you to, then I’m gonna ruin your life. I’m gonna scream abuse at you, I’m gonna get you fired from your job, I’m gonna get you hounded by your family and friends. I’m gonna make you the most disgusting human in the world, because he said a joke ten years ago.
That’s the attitude we’re operating in. It takes forceful personalities to rise above it. Donald Trump rose up and went like Godzilla: ‘Okay, you want to fight? I’m here!’ And guess what, millions of people in Middle America went, ‘That’s our guy! That’s our guy, he’s the one that’s gonna help us.’ Same thing happening across Europe.”
And how will the Left react to Morgan’s critique? To quote two commenters on YouTube:
CNN’s headline on Monday reads: “Alt-Right Piers Morgan Sits Down with White Supremacist Ben Shapiro and Attacks American Journalism in Hate Fueled Tirade.”
~Eowyn
Better than Drudge Report. Check out Whatfinger News, the Internet’s conservative frontpage founded by ex-military!
Please follow and like us:

No comments:

Post a Comment