Vaccinated Americans Count Their Blessings Despite Getting COVID

Vaccinated Americans Count Their Blessings Despite Getting COVID

On Aug. 2, 2021, Senator Lindsey Graham of South Carolina became the first fully vaccinated (for COVID-19) U.S. Senator to disclose he had tested positive for the SARS-CoV-2 virus. Sen. Graham said he had begun to experience “flu-like symptoms” two days earlier and eventually decided go to the doctor and get tested.1

Despite becoming another of the growing number of the so-called COVID ‘breakthrough cases” (fully vaccinated people who contract coronavirus) in the United States, Sen. Graham gave credit to the COVID vaccine. He said:

I feel like I have a sinus infection, and at present time, I have mild symptoms. I am very glad I was vaccinated because without vaccination, I am certain I would not feel as well as I do now. My symptoms would be far worse.1

Vaccinated Members of Congress Infected With Coronavirus Credit Vaccines

On Aug. 19, three more fully vaccinated U.S. Senators revealed they too had tested positive for SARS-CoV-2. These included Sen. John Hickenlooper of Colorado, Sen. Angus King of Maine and Sen. Roger Wicker of Mississippi. Despite his infection, Sen. Hickenlooper also gave credit to the vaccine. “I’m grateful for the vaccine (and the scientists behind it) for limiting my symptoms,” Sen. Hickenlooper said.2 3

Sens. King and Wicker praised the vaccine as well. “While I am not feeling great, I’m definitely feeling much better than I would have without the vaccine.” Sen. Wicker said, “Being fully vaccinated greatly reduced my risk of developing severe complications from the virus.”2 4

There have been many other breakthrough COVID cases in the U.S. Congress—nearly a dozen cases in the House of Representatives since July alone, including Rep. Vern Buchanan of Florida, Rep. Joseph Morelle of New York and Rep. Darren Soto of Florida. “I think for me [the vaccine] made a huge difference,” Rep. Buchanan said. “Thankfully, I’m fully vaccinated so my symptoms remain mild,” Rep. Morelle said. “I recently tested positive for COVID19, and am grateful to only have mild symptoms, which I credit to the vaccine,” Rep. Soto said.5 6 7

And it’s not just vaccinated members of Congress who are giving kudos to the COVID vaccines for sparing them from severe illness and possibly death. Many Americans who discovered that getting vaccinated did not prevent them from contracting SARS-CoV-2 are convinced that the vaccine they got spared them from something worse.

Breakthrough case William Lorenzo of New Orleans said, “I thank God everyday, I got this vaccine.” Breakthrough case Alexandra Vasquez Reyna of North Texas said, “I do attribute the vaccine for helping protect me from [severe illness].” Breakthrough case Patricia Mendygral-Kibble of Stephenson County, Illinois said, “The vaccine saved my life. I mean I still went into the hospital but I wasn’t put on a ventilator.”8 9 10

Breakthrough case Billie Garrett of Florida said:

I am convinced that I would have died if I had not gotten it because I was so severely ill with the vaccine. I shudder to think where I would be if I didn’t get it. I absolutely do not think I would be alive today without it.11

Official Line is COVID Vaccines Prevent Serious Illness and Death

It has now been established by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) that the COVID vaccines cannot prevention people from becoming infected with the SARS-CoV-2 virus and spreading it to others.12 13 14 But the CDC does believe that the vaccines can help prevent people from developing serious symptoms of COVID and dying from the disease.15 The director of the CDC, Rochelle Walensky, MD, has stated publicly:

Our vaccines are working exceptionally well. They continue to work well with delta with regard to severe illness and death, but what they can’t do anymore is prevent transmission.16

President Biden’s chief medical advisor Anthony Fauci, MD, who is the director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID), has on many occasions confirmed that the vaccines are highly effective at preventing serious COVID illness, hospitalization and death.17

The former commissioner of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA), Scott Gottlieb, MD, who currently sits on the Board of Directors of Pfizer, Inc., has stated:

We still see that these vaccines are doing a very good job preventing symptomatic disease, preventing hospitalization and death.18

In his speech on Sept. 9 outlining a series of new COVID vaccine mandates, President Biden said:

I want to emphasize that the vaccines provide very strong protection from severe illness from COVID-19.  I know there’s a lot of confusion and misinformation.  But the world’s leading scientists confirm that if you are fully vaccinated, your risk of severe illness from COVID-19 is very low.19

Many People Believe Vaccines Minimize COVID Symptoms

This belief in the effectiveness of the COVID vaccines in protecting people from becoming seriously ill (or worse) with COVID has become ingrained in the American psyche. For all practical purposes, it has been accepted by the mainstream medical and public health communities as a scientific fact and is being promulgated on a daily basis by the corporate media.

It is understandable why so many leaders within the U.S. government and average citizens around the country are so confident that, even though the vaccines they took failed to prevent them from getting SARS-CoV-2, they were at least protected from becoming very sick and being hospitalized or dying. It is precisely the same mindset that many people who get the annual flu shot have when they see that they still managed to catch the flu. I’ve heard the phrase, “It would’ve been worse had I not gotten the shot” more times than I can recall.

The phrase always leaves me with the question: “How do they know?”


If you would like to receive an e-mail notice of the most recent articles published in The Vaccine Reaction each week, click here.

Click here to view References: