Vitamin C For COVID-19: Critical Care Medicine Hospital Chief In Wuhan Provides Updates
- The Facts:Dr. ZhiYong Peng, a professor and the Chief of Critical Care Medicine at Zhongnan Hospital, in Wuhan, China, provides the latest updates on treating COVID-19 patients with high dose intravenous vitamin C.
- Reflect On:Why is this being practiced in China, but ridiculed and deemed as 'false news' in North America? Why aren't we exploring this more?
Medicine in Drug Discovery, of Elsevier, a major scientific publishing house, recently published an article on early and high-dose IVC in the treatment and prevention of Covid-19. The article was written by Dr. Richard Cheng, MD, PhD, a US board-certified anti-aging specialist from Shanghai, China. Dr. Cheng has been updating everyone via his YouTube channel about vitamin C treatmentcases out of China for quite some time now.
Special note to our loyal readers and followers: We are concerned that our Facebook Page will be deleted, so we are encouraging all those who want to continue to receive and be able to find our content, like this article for example, to sign up for our email list.
The principle investigator for “Vitamin C Infusion for the Treatment of Severe 2019-nCoV Infected Pneumonia” (ClinicalTrials.gov), which is a clinical trial underway in China using intravenous Vitamin C to treat COVID-19, ZhiYong Peng, who is also a professor and the Chief of Critical Care Medicine at Zhongnan Hospital, in Wuhan, China, recently hoped on Youtube with Dr. Cheng to provide more updates. A summary of that chat goes as follows:
- High dose intravenous vitamin C seems to reduce the inflammation of COVID-19 significantly
- It seems to reduce COVID-19 patients’ ICU hospital stays
- It seems to reduce the mortality rate of COVID-19 patients, although the number of patients may be too small
- Dr. Peng also mentioned that his hospital was giving Vitamin C powder to all healthcare providers and advised them to take 1-2 grams of Vitamin C powder, daily. He also stated his believe that all of the major hospitals in Wuhan were giving Vitamin C powder to their healthcare providers.
Ask yourself, why is this information being ignored? Why aren’t we exploring this more collectively? If the priority was to heal and to help, would this not be the case? Where does government allegiance lie when it comes to our health? Why is the only solution possible being made out to be a vaccine?I was made aware that FB Fact Check claims “Shanghai did not officially recommend high-dose IVC for the treatment of Covid-19” (left on the above photo). Let me make it clear that not only Shanghai, but also Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, another major city in China, publicly endorsed high-dose IVC for the treatment of Covid-19. Those who Fact Check, please be more careful.
You can refer to Dr. Cheng’s YouTube Channel to watch the full interview(s), which are also posted below.Or you can access the transcript of it, here.
Guest: Dr. Zhiyong Peng, Professor and Chief, Critical Care Medicine, Zhong Wuhan University, Wuhan, China.
Host. Richard Z. Cheng, M.D., Ph.D.
Co-Host: Hong Zhang, Ph.D.
Transcript: Thanks to Patrick Holford, Ph.D., London, United Kingdom
Related CE Articles on COVID-19
Scientist Predicts Second Wave of COVID-19 Because “Social Distancing” Has Prevented “Herd Immunity”Coronavirus Deaths May Be Miscalculated
LA Doctor: COVID-19 Patients Go From ‘Very Ill’ To ‘Symptom-Free’ In 8 To 12 Hours With Hydroxychloroquine & Zinc
Confirmed: High-Dose Vitamin C Has Successfully Treated 50 Moderate to Severe COVID-19 Patients