Your urologist may insist on performing several highly invasive and risky tests before offering a prescription drug to treat an enlarged prostate. These tests include a cystoscopy and core needle biopsies. These procedures are high risk and the benefits are questionable.
- Cystoscopy - The urologist uses a large (16 Fr. diameter) scope which is pushed through the urethra past the area of the prostate into the bladder. An anesthetic must be used because the scope stretches the urethra significantly. This stretching can cause abrasions and/or tears which usually become infected. Taking an antibiotic after this procedure is standard practice because the procedure causes an infection of the urethra, prostate, bladder, and kidneys. The cystoscopy can damage the valve at the outlet of the bladder. The cystoscopy procedure will most likely make urination worse since the abrasions, stretching, and tearing begin to form scar tissues. The benefits from this inspection are highly questionable, and negative side effects are most probable.
- Core Needle Biopsy - Large hollow needles are pushed into the body of the prostate to extract a core of prostate cells for laboratory microscopic inspection. This is done in an effort to detect cancer. This invasive technique has many serious negative side effects. The prostate will most likely become infected. Therefore, an antibiotic treatment must be given. The procedure will cause serious bleeding. The procedure actually spreads the cancers, if present, as proven in studies referenced below. The core needle biopsy will not prevent your death by the early detection of cancer as falsely claimed by your urologist. It will actually increase your risk of cancer by 50% as proven in the studies below. The core needle biopsy can easily miss cancer cells even though prostate cancer is present. Only a small fraction of the prostate tissue is extracted. False negative tests are very common. The positive detection of "pussycat" non-fatal cancer cells throws terror into the heart of the patient, opening the door to extensive surgeries and misery. Remember, the death rate from prostate cancer of patients who accept full urologist intervention is the same as for those males who never see a doctor. Urologists have not reduced the death rate from prostate cancer, but they certainly have increased the misery with their burning and slashing butchery of the prostate area.The urologist makes a lot of money performing these dangerous and questionable procedures. The doctor may refuse to write a drug prescription if you do not agree to have these procedures. This is medical blackmail and serious medical malpractice, but it happens frequently. Don't fall for the urologist's blackmail threats. Your urologist falsely believes that you cannot obtain a drug to treat your BPH without his prescription. He will withhold the prescription as leverage to force you into dangerous, costly, and questionable procedures while milking your insurance company as long as possible. You can obtain the best drugs yourself without the doctor's prescription as shown below. Naturally, you must accept the responsibility for self-medicating by performing a complete study of the official FDA information on the references below as it pertains to you.
Avodart - Avodart is an awesome drug that reduces the size of the prostate naturally. It was developed by the GlaxoSmithKline, PLC pharmaceutical company. Avodart is also called Dutasteride. Urologists commonly use the lame excuse that they cannot give you a prescription for Avodart until cancer has been ruled out. This is the urologist's excuse to pile on many expensive and dangerous procedures. It is true that Avodart has not been approved by the FDA for the treatment of prostate cancer. It is also true that prostate cancer can increase the size of the prostate, but Avodart can certainly be taken by a male with prostate cancer. In fact, 70% of males 70-years old have prostate cancer. Denying them a positive, low-risk drug treatment for BPH is ridiculous. Avodart is likely to restrain the grown of cancer because it prevents the formation of dihydrotestosterone which promotes cancer growth. Therefore, Avodart should be taken by every male with an enlarged prostate whether he has cancer or not. Avodart has not been approved by the FDA for cancer treatment, but this does not prevent it from being effective in slowing the progression of the disease. Remember, the slow-growing type of prostate cancer (pussycat) is not fatal. Men will die of something else first. Also, the fast-growing form of prostate cancer (tiger) is generally fatal within 18 months, but it only occurs in 1 out of 400 men who have been diagnosed with prostate cancer. This is the reason some prostate cancer experts recommend that males 75 years of age or older should not even be tested for prostate cancer."Men at an above-normal risk of prostate cancer may be able to reduce their risk of developing the disease by taking a drug already on the market."Begin taking Avodart as soon as possible and continue taking it while completing Steps No. 1 and 2 above and Step No. 4 below.Avodart may be a much better cancer test than the PSA test, even though Avodart has not been approved by the FDA as a prostate cancer test. Avodart is very effective at shrinking the benign enlarged prostate. It is less likely to shrink a prostate that has cancer. Therefore, cancer should be suspected if the prostate fails to shrink within three months on the Avodart treatment. If the prostate shrinks in good order as expected, the enlargement is more likely to be benign.Avodart can make a major drop in the results of a PSA test. In only one year on Avodart therapy the PSA reading dropped from 12 to 4.2. The normal range being 0 to 4.0. This drop also shows that the elevated PSA was NOT caused by cancer because Avodart does not cure cancer.Avodart may also reduce the tendency for fluid accumulation in the feet and ankles, although the drug has not been approved by the FDA for this treatment. Avodart will also reduce and prevent male-pattern baldness, although it has not been approved for this treatment either. Proscar has been approved by the FDA as an effective treatment for male-pattern baldness. Therefore, Avodart should be even better."Dutasteride inhibits the conversion of testosterone to 5α-dihydrotestosterone (DHT). DHT is the androgen primarily responsible for the initial development and subsequent enlargement of the prostate gland. Testosterone is converted to DHT by the enzyme 5α-reductase, which exists as 2 isoforms, type 1 and type 2. The type 2 isoenzyme is primarily active in the reproductive tissues, while the type 1 isoenzyme is also responsible for testosterone conversion in the skin and liver.Dutasteride is a competitive and specific inhibitor of both type 1 and type 2 5α-reductase isoenzymes, with which it forms a stable enzyme complex. Dissociation from this complex has been evaluated under in vitro and in vivo conditions and is extremely slow. Dutasteride does not bind to the human androgen receptor.""Conclusion: The activity of 5-alfa-reductase types 1 and 2 is expressed in the epithelial cells of the prostate, the stroma, and the prostate tumor. The genetic expression of fatty acid synthesis is influenced by dutasteride, which inhibits it by blocking the pathway that regulates sterol protein binding which, in turn, regulates androgen stimulation. The addition of a dual inhibitor of 5-a-reductase types 1 and 2 to antiandrogen therapy may further inhibit tumor growth, thus reducing the concentration of intracellular dihydrotestosterone, which is the primary androgen mediator of PSA gene expression in prostate tumor cell lines. These data support the rationale for the use of dutasteride in the treatment of hormone refractory prostate cancer. The study findings show that dutasteride is useful in the treatment of hormone refractory prostate cancer.""Is Dutasteride safe?Clinical trials of Dutasteride showed that it was generally well tolerated. Most side effects were mild or moderate and generally went away while on treatment in both the Dutasteride and placebo groups.Drug-related side effects during the first six months were as follows:
- Impotence (4.7 percent vs. 1.7 percent for placebo)
- Decreased libido (3 percent vs. 1.4 percent),
- Breast tenderness and breast enlargement (gynecomastia; 0.5 percent vs. 0.2 percent)
- Ejaculation disorders (1.4 percent vs. 0.5 percent)"Negative Side Effects:Avodart causes a drastic decrease in semen production that will most likely lead to the inability of the man to father a baby. These side effect are permanent and do not reverse when Avodart is discontinued. However, these conditions may be less important to older men who are the sufferers of an enlarge prostate. It does not cause erectile dysfunction.
Avodart is awesome. It really works.
All men 50 years of age or older should take Avodart to prevent prostate damage by dihydrotestosterone.
Add Flomax for the best therapy.
Flomax is a very helpful drug that relaxes the urethra. The generic name for Flomax is Tamsulosin HCL. Flomax was developed by Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc."Flomax is in a group of drugs called alpha-adrenergic (AL-fa ad-ren-ER-jik) blockers. Flomax relaxes your veins and arteries so that blood can more easily pass through them. It also relaxes the muscles in the prostate and bladder neck, making it easier to urinate.""Flomax is used to improve urination in men with benign prostatic hyperplasia (enlarged prostate)."
My Personal Prostate Drug Therapy
Flomax can be helpful but is not a substitute for Avodart. The two taken together provide the best treatment for the relief of BPH symptoms. They are both manufactured in generic form by Cipla, Intas, and others. One good source for personal use without a doctor's prescription is United Pharmacies, New Zealand, and Med-Pacific, Hong Kong. The normal dosage for Avodart (dutasteride) is 0.5 mg and for Flomax (tamsulosin HCL) is 0.4 mg per day taken in the late evening or before bedtime. I prefer to take one each twice a day, morning and late evening.
People with the experience and training in self-administering drugs can purchase drugs for personal use online without a prescription on the following International websites. The drugs must be approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the United States. The FDA does not prevent importation when the drugs appear not to present a serious risk. Previous orders placed with these pharmacies have been completely satisfactory.JSR Meds Exim, Nagpur, Maharashtra, India - Buy Online Without a Prescription. <--- BEST
Best prices and service. Ask for EMS shipping.
Ask for quotes from several manufactures for evaluation.
Pay with Western Union.Castor Lifecare, PVT LTD - India - Buy Online Without a Prescription. <--- GOOD
Best prices and service. Ask for EMS shipping.
Ask for quotes from several manufactures for evaluation.
Pay with Western Union.Are Internet Drugs Safe? The manufacturer of a drug that can be purchased over the Internet should be reviewed to insure the quality of the company. Search for the manufacturer's website before placing the order. The drugs received should be packaged in special bubble-wrap packages with the manufacturer's name, drug name, and dosage clearly printed. The complexity of the package and the printing indicate authenticity. Receiving tablets or capsules that are packaged loose in a plain bottle or simple box is totally unacceptable. Some of the suppliers above ship high-quality generic and name-brand drugs from multibillion dollar international pharmaceutical companies such as Ranbaxy Laboratories (India), GlaxoKlineSmith (United Kingdom), CIPLA, Limited (India), Sun Pharmaceuticals Industries, LTD. (India), Surya Pharma (India), Unichem Laboratories Limited (India), Mega Fine Pharma (India), Ind-Swift Limited (India), Dr. Reddy's Pharmaceutical Company (worldwide), and Stada Arzneimittel AG (Germany). Avoid all drugs made in China.Are Prescription Drugs Bad for Us? Most people have become extremely resistant to taking prescription drugs until they are faced with the choice between taking a drug or certain death. Most doctors hesitate to prescribe antibiotics based on the false logic that drugs create drug-resistant bacteria. The doctors would rather sacrifice the patient for what they feel is the higher good of society. Another example is the hesitancy of most doctors to prescribe an antibiotic when the patient is suspected of having common food poisoning. The physicians use the false logic that the patient's immune system is sufficient to make him better in a few days. The doctor may also fail to test for the pathogen which could later be found to be deadly. A common e-Coli bacterial infection can cause permanent liver damage and death. Food poisoning causes 4,000 deaths in the United States every year.Some prescription drugs have been found to cause death, and many have been pulled off the market by the US-FDA. Other drugs have serious negative side effects, but the bad drugs should not be used as a blanket to label all drugs as unacceptable. Many drugs are awesome. As an example, I ate some raw green pepper for lunch one day that was contaminated with a pathogenic bacteria, and resulted in typical food poisoning symptoms. I immediately took one 500 mg Cipro tablet. Some doctors avoid prescribing Cipro because of negative side effects; however, the food poisoning symptoms soon dissipated, and I ate a full prime rib dinner without any recurrence of the symptoms. Placing a blanket rejection label on all prescription drugs can be dangerously unhealthy.Are Generic Prescription Drugs Safe? Generic drugs purchased from your local drugstore may not be as safe as Internet drugs even though you purchased them with a doctor's prescription. In some cases you may not know the origin of manufacture. The drugs are handled in bulk rather than safety bubble wrap. They may have come from China where impurities in food, supplements, and drugs are common. They could contain heavy metals, carcinogens, or toxic trace chemicals. Don't assume you are getting the best quality drugs simply because you purchased them with a doctor's prescription from your local pharmacy on your health insurance.