Fluoride Information

Fluoride is a poison. Fluoride was poison yesterday. Fluoride is poison today. Fluoride will be poison tomorrow. When in doubt, get it out.


An American Affidavit

Friday, May 29, 2015

Mike Ford's Newsletter.



How to Cook with Spaghetti Squash
Betsy Mark sent in this article to answer Don's question about how to prepare spaghetti squash.  As Betsy explains in her article, the sky is the limit when it comes to recipes that can use spaghetti squash...

"Spaghetti squash is a very versatile vegetable.  The way I cook it is to cut the squash in half with a sharp knife.  It really doesn't matter if the squash is cut the long way or the short way.  I usually cut it the short way so it fits on the same pan as my chicken and I can cook the two together."   Read the rest of the article here:
http://growyourowngroceries.org/how-to-cook-with-spaghetti-squash/

Looking Back on My Uncle's Farm (Part 2)
Kimmer wrote this article about the days in her youth when she got out of the city and spent the weekends on her uncle's farm.  Her first article got a lot of great responses.  I think many people can identify with her experience of leaving the city and learning to love the animals and the hard work that come along with farm life.  This episode has even more stories, including her first pair of boots and the first time she rode a pony...

"The first good memory I remember with my uncle was about the age of 4.  He had picked me up for the weekend, but we made an unusual stop at a place called Rinks.  We went in, I followed him and it appeared that he knew where he was going.  He stopped in the boot section, and I got my first pair of cowboy boots!  YEE-HAW!"  You can read the rest of the article here:
http://growyourowngroceries.org/looking-back-on-my-uncles-farm-part-2/

If you are looking for ideas on things to write about for the contest, Mari asks if anyone has a remedy for rheumatoid arthritis.  And Clark, from Somerset TX, wants to know how to stop the mosquitoes.  Share your experience and wisdom  with the [Grow] Network and you will be in the running to win some really great prizes in our writing contest.  You can see a list of the rules and prizes here: http://growyourowngroceries.org/contest/rules-and-prizes/.

Organizing Your Seed Collection


If you're like me, your seed collection could probably use a little organizing.  I have a habit of accumulating seeds - some that are extras from seed packets I have purchased, some that are saved from the vegetable garden, and some that I just grab from plants in the neighborhood as I'm walking by.  They pile up very quickly...

Marjory made this helpful video to share some of her techniques for organizing seeds.  This video includes tips on how you can sort your seeds to make finding the right seeds at planting time quick and easy.  And there are some good tricks that will help your seeds last much longer in storage.  You can see the video here:
http://growyourowngroceries.org/organizing-your-seed-collection-with-marjory-wildcraft/

I also have a quick shout out to Stefanie who has been concerned about Marjory and all of the flooding right now in Texas.  Stefanie, Marjory says she will be writing up an article soon, but the short answer is that everyone is fine (although soaking wet).

Have a great weekend,

Michael

PS - Colin Austin from Australia has done a lot of food research since his wife was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes.  Now he wants to share what he has learned with us, and I will be sending you the first chapter on Tuesday.  Be sure to watch for the email and follow along with Colin's story. 

To unsubscribe please click here
To update your email please click here

No comments:

Post a Comment