The letter describes that:
- delivering medicine via the water supply is reckless
- swallowing fluoride delivers risks without benefits
- over 100 animal and 45+ human studies link fluoride to brain deficits
- non-fluoridated and fluoridated countries have similar cavity rates
- low-income families can achieve better dental health by safer means
- the US FDA says fluoride is an unapproved drug
- fluoride-overdose symptoms – dental fluorosis (discolored teeth) – is prevalent among America’s youth. Racial disparities in the U.S. exist for Black and Mexican American youth as this demographic have significantly higher levels of the more severe forms of dental fluorosis-while the US still faces a dental health crisis.
The scientists offer to send Paul Connett, PhD, co-author of The Case Against Fluoride, to Israel to debate any pro-fluoridation expert.
According to Professor Paul Connett, director of the Fluoride Action Network,
“I doubt very much that we will need to purchase an air ticket to do this because almost invariably when the very vocal promoters of fluoridation are challenged to debate their confidence seems to evaporate. But sadly they frequently get away with their bullying tactics because so few people are knowledgeable on the scientific details of this issue and do not realize how weak the pro-fluoridation position is, despite the ‘impressive’ endorsements it receives in pro-fluoridation countries like the U.S.”
For the text of the letter and a full listing of the signers go to http://fluoridealert.org/content/open-letter-to-the-health-minister-of-israel/
Additionally, over 4600 professionals signed onto a FAN petition opposing fluoridation here: http://www.fluoridealert.org/researchers/professionals-statement/text/
Any professional who wants to sign onto either the open letter or the professionals’ statement can contact firstname.lastname@example.org with name, address and credentials.